Friday, March 16, 2007

ringing ears

i've had a disturbing ringing in the ears for the last two days. i keep telling myself that it's because i'm stuffed up with this dangnabbit cold, but ever since i read an article about tinnitus (most shockingly a man committed suicide because he couldn't get rid of the incessant ringing) i've been especially cautious about my ears. for that reason, i rarely wear headphones (a leading cause of tinnitus).

well, on the plane ride back, i tried to take a decongestant to clear my sinuses. but it didn't work, because my ear freaking hurt coming during the descent. i kept trying to blow my nose or flex my jaw to alleviate the pressure but i wasn't successful. then, suddenly, a loud squeak in my ear. i've had this before when i've blown my nose. but it was louder than it had been before. and now this infernal ringing... so i hope its not a permanent rupture in my eardrum.

No comments: