Tuesday, March 06, 2007

like the fairy tales

there's nothing like a good old-fashioned, cinderella-style house cleaning to clear the mind. that's right, i'm talking full-on bucket-and-rags, hands-and-knees scrubbing.

on another note, i'm leaving for japan. tomorrow. gulp. i'm only staying for a week and will be mostly with my aunt and uncle in the 'burbs of tokyo, possibly visiting my two cousins who recently had babies (babies, yay!). (okay, maybe the cleaning fumes have gotten into my head instead of clarity).

this trip comes with perfect timing. nostalgia has been poking at me recently. i'm sad ryan won't be able to join me. i want to share it all with him, the sight of crows against a cloudy sky, clothes sticking to skin in the muggy heat, the smell of rain in the city, all of the things that remind me of japan.

No comments: