Monday, March 06, 2006

i have issues with reality

ryan and i finished watching one of my (if not my ultimate) favorite t.v. series _ever_, bablyon 5.

i cried, of course. i hate saying good bye. for the last 5 seasons, i've shared sorrow, joy, and triumph with the members of this space station. but more than that, at the end of the journey, i;m left feeling empty and lost. i will never be a hero like captain sheridan. i will probably never sacrifice my life for love or my country. i will never have to fight so tenaciously for my beliefs. so... what's there in life worth living for?

i know it sounds extreme. and it's not that i don't feel the value in my life, because i do. but on some level, i know i'm always going to end up little short. because the ruler i'm using doesn't have real markings on it - it's a fantastical ruler, and it stretches on forever.

1 comment:

zditty said...

I pray you never have to put your life behind your beliefs, my good friend. That being said, I don't know that it's true. All kinds of things can happen in the fullness of time.

For now, it's OK to dream big and live little.

Hope this isn't offensive to you. It's meant to be encouraging!