Sunday, March 26, 2006

fat

... i am!
yes, it's true. much as my adoring boyfriend will deny it, it's time i faced the fact. i am overweight. the stress and time limitations of the past year have pushed me over the edge of deniability. none of my clothes fit me anymore. it's kind of depressing. no more excuses, i've got to move exercise up to the top of my priority list!

on another note, i will be _so_ glad when this low-rise craze if over. frankly, i'm tired of seeing everyone's asses hanging out of their pants. and with the popularity of thong underwear... it just makes me shudder. i don't need someone's butt crack smilingback at me.

4 comments:

xtinehlee said...

When you come back to town...come with me to cardio kickboxing. yes, the thought scared me at first (and you and I have shared our vulnerabilities on our bellies)....but it totally works, and it's fun, and the instructor Doug is so inspiring and kind and skilled! I'm doing personal training with him, and for the FIRST time EVER in my life...I am starting to lose my gut! Well, or at least, it's starting to get tucked in.

Sorry if I'm overselling, but I'm so excited to find something that works and isn't full of suffering for me, and I want to share with you!

Anyway, I miss you Anne. I can't wait until you're back in town. :)

xtinehlee said...

btw, my previous post doesn't imply that I agree you're "fat." Just that if you want to make a change, I'd like you to join me because I am on the same trajectory myself these days.

Ryan said...

You're not fat, of course, and it has no bearing on how much I adore you in any case.

But I support your goal of working out, because I know how good a great workout makes *me* feel, and how grumpy I get when I don't work out. Try to look at it as a way to feel good rather than a way to lose weight, as the weight loss part is tricky. It will happen, if that's your goal, but it can take a lot of time. And the much more rewarding goal is the stress reduction and mood enhancement from working out. Not neccesarily DURING the workout, of course ;->

xtinehlee said...

you two are the sweetest couple, i must say! ;)