Thursday, May 04, 2006

apologies...

dear faithful readers,

i'm sorry your comments haven't shown up- i guess i turned on some function and i had to moderate comments before they would show up. i was rather sad when i thought no one was commenting, and now i realize, you were all there, all along. i'm so glad to have you.

and now, on with the posts!

the saddest thiing to me about school is that i haven't wanted to cook, i'm usually too busy or too tired. ryan has been wonderful, taking extra care to make food for us. his creations are wonderful, tasty, innovative, and i love having him cook all the time. but cooking is also a way for me to demonstrate my love and to express my creativity, and the thing is, i really miss it. everytime i try to cook, though, i lack ideas.i've begun to rely on recipes, something i've seldom done in the past. i've begun to hate going to the stores without a list while before, i used to wander down the isles, picking whatever caught my fancy and putting menus together on the spot.

7 comments:

connie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
connie said...

D'oh! I accidently deleted the last post. I had no idea you were on blogger - I found this through jen's site. Now I feel like a total idiot. I was all wondering why you hadn't blogged in a while. But hooray! I'm so happy to see you have been, and that you still are.

On to the cooking... just enjoy being pampered by Ryan. While I loved being in school, the thing I hated the most was never having enough time to cook (that and being broke). Even now, I go through dry spells. Last week, with the exception of one dinner, I cooked for like, nine days straight. This week, we've been busy/tired, so Zack and I have eaten out three nights already.

There's nothing wrong with recipes. If I find one that Zack and I both really like, I practice them over and over again, tweaking them every so slighty each time with infinite variations. I'm surprised Zack hasn't gotten sick of vichysoisse and moules mariniere yet!

Ryan said...

I like recipes too but, much more so than me, Anne is *really* good at putting together meals "on the fly." Baby, you make such wonderful things when you have a little time.

But of course you don't have much time these days. You'll have time soon enough, like when you're out of school. In the meantime I'll try and come up with more meals.

We've been eating out more as well, lots of Ryowa Ramen, sushi and to a lesser extent Chinese. We've been craving meat pies, though.

Jen(n) said...

Word what they said. Enjoy your "caterer" while you're in school. He'll learn stuff in the process and then you guys will KICK ASS at the next Iron Chef party. :)

connie said...

Dude, we are *so* judging the next Iron Chef competition!!! (inwardly cringing as I recall our drunken pre-competition tirades caught on film)

anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anne said...

ahem. yes. pre-competition drunken tirades. i'm surprised joey and carla still speak to us!