Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my new hobby

i'm not sure how it happened, but i've been getting into sports lately. it started out with a 49er game ryan and i went to last fall. at first i was very skeptical. i went because the tickets were free (though it turned out we had to pay $25 for parking!!!). i sat down with my free beer (provided by ryan's work, another incentive), arms crossed, a deliberately bored expression on my face. gradually, the game got into my skin. i started caring about what happened. and that was the beginning, and the end of it.
this weekend, i watched the nba all star game. and, well, i liked it. ahem.
but the point of my post is actually that destiny's child is simply amazing. during the all star game they sang the national anthem which, as anyone who has sung it knows, is incredibly challenging. it's got an extreme range and a good deal of notes to hold. but they sang it simply flawlessly, each note perfectly in tune, synchronized as if they were singing from one voice.
amazing.

1 comment:

zditty said...

I'm so glad you're joining the sports crowd. You and I should try and go to a Raider game this next season!